A New SMPS Recertification System for CPSMs
SMPS introduced a new, more simplified recertification process earlier this year. Some things are staying the same, like the need for CPSM’s to earn 50 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) over a 3-year period, other things are changing:
- SMPS Chapters and HQ will no longer submit CEUs on your behalf.
- CPSMs will now enter all their CEUs in the SMPS Recertification System, hosted by the Professional Testing Corporation (PTC). All CPSMs should have received an email from PTC with their account and login information via email by now. Please keep a record of your login credentials to be able to continually access your account. If you did not receive an email reach out to the SMPS Knowledge Team.
- You will need to enter any previously earned CEUs that were reported in the old SMPS system into the new SMPS Recertification System. Your CEUs will not be transferred on your behalf. Log into your account on smps.org and click on CEU Credits to see your current CEUs. There is no need to enter CEUs from prior completed submissions.
- There is no need to upload documentation to SMPS or their 3rd party recertification system, but you do need to maintain documentation for any programs for which you report CEUs. We suggest keeping a portfolio with PDFs of registration confirmation emails, attendance confirmation emails, completion certificates, etc. for your records.
- CPSMs can also use the CEU documentation form to capture/record any CEUs they earn if they do not receive any kind of electronic confirmation for SMPS and non-SMPS educational programs. Make sure to keep these forms in your portfolio in case of an audit.
For more details about recertification, please contact PJ Roscoe, CPSM — Director of the CPSM Committee with any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.