This BD Bootcamp will cover the BD process and steps involved in business development to identify and win work. Attendees will learn what it means to them individually and how they can get involved with business development. Topics will be catered to the specific needs and interests of the group. These topics may include:
- What is Business Development? What’s the difference between business development/marketing/branding? What’s the language/vocabulary of business development? Why does this matter to all staff, and specifically, why does it matter to you?
- How do you plan for BD and where are the clients? What’s the difference between a BD plan and a marketing plan? What about the budget? How do you find clients? Target them? Research them? Build relationships?
- What are ways to get involved? Networking, joining professional organizations, getting in the door, lead development, tracking pursuits, client maintenance.
- How is BD done remotely?
- What are the tools used in BD?
- How do you win work? Target pursuits, proposals, and interviews.
- I think I want a Career in BD – Now what?
About the speaker
Anne Crowe Kroger, FSMPS, MBA | President, Kroger Grant Consultants
Anne is the consummate relationship builder. If she doesn’t know you yet, she will! She lost her husband in 2013 after a 12-week battle with lung cancer. Over the following years, she explored the world and a few different careers to define her personal ‘what matters’ plan. Today, remarried and living on her own mountain in New Hampshire, she works with AEC clients and individuals to develop winning strategies for work and life.
A Fellow of SMPS, she is a two-time president of SMPS Maine, winning the President of the Year Award in 2007. She has served on numerous SMPS National Committees and has provided mentoring to several SMPS Chapters. She sits on boards for both of her alma maters. Anne is a regular speaker and guest lecturer for Northeastern University and SMPS National, Regional, and Chapter-level events.
Cancellation Policy: If you can no longer attend an event, we encourage you to find a substitution; substitutions are welcome at any time. Full refunds will be granted if cancellation is made 72 hours before the event’s start time. No refunds will be made for no-shows. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for substitution or refund requests.
We use PayPal as our payment processor. However, you will have the option to use a credit card or debit card for payment. You do not have to have a PayPal account to register and pay for an event. When checking out you will have to choose PayPal as the payment method. However, on the next screen, you’ll see the option to pay with a debit card or credit card.
New England Construction
Groom Construction Co., Inc.
Tighe & Bond
Tighe & Bond
Tighe & Bond