Make It Happen with SMPS Boston and ABX 2019! Attend one of our sponsored workshops led by some of our industry’s foremost voices. Get an updated headshot, perfect your elevator pitch on camera, and improve your networking skills while at our booth in the Business Center (Booth 247) on the showroom floor! Want a second opinion on a marketing piece you’ve developed? Meet with a Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM) and get feedback.
After the ABX all-show Happy Hour, join us at the SMPS Reception and learn how this organization has helped marketers and business developers transform businesses for more than 45 years. Plus we’ll be running our annual ABX SMPS Membership rebate. Prospective members who join during the conference save $200 on their membership! Stop by Booth 247 for details.
SMPS Sponsored Sessions:
SMPS Boston members get member pricing for all ABX sessions! Email SMPSBoston@smpsboston.org for the discount code and then register on ABX’s website for each of these sessions.
Wednesday, November 6th:
- 10:30 – 11:30 AM Brand-Based Culture: Your Real Competitive Advantage with Ida Cheinman, CPSM – CE Learning Zone
- 1:30 – 3:30 PM Growing Your Firm While Retaining Your Core Values with Rich Friedman – CE Learning Zone
- 5:00 – 6:30 PM Making Your Proposals Scream “Pick Me!” with Jen McGovern, CPSM – Workshop WE31
Thursday, November 7th:
- 5:00 – 6:30 PM Don’t Trip On Your Way Down the Aisle: Start Your Merger Off Right with Julie Brown, Mark Jussaume, PE, Jeff Birenbaum, and John Drennan – Workshop TH33
- 6:00 – 8:00 PM SMPS Reception – Alumni Reception AR06 – The reception is free and open to members and prospective members. Stop by Booth 247 to get a free drink ticket!
Visit the SMPS Boston Booth
Professional Headshots by Frank Monkiewicz, Frank Monkiewicz Photography. Frank Monkiewicz, a well-known portrait photographer, will be on hand to take professional headshots. Be sure to wear clothing that fits your lifestyle and business and Frank will do the rest.
- Wed., 11/6: 11:00am – 5:00pm
- Thur., 11/7: 11:00am – 5:00pm
Elevator Pitch Video Practice by Glenn di Benedetto, Green Light N Go LLC: Ever felt nervous at an event when someone asks, “So, what do you do?” Glenn will be on hand to take video of you doing your best 10-20 second “elevator pitch” to help you sound confident and self-assured.
- Wed., 11/6: 2:00pm – 5:00pm
- Thur., 11/7: 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Business Development and Networking Tips with a Pro by Julie Brown, JB|BD: Let’s face it. Business development and networking can be intimidating. The ability to feel comfortable walking up to a stranger doesn’t come naturally to most people, but it can be achieved with helpful tips and practice. Sit down with Julie Brown to discuss what she has found works best and how you can make yourself a networking pro.
- Wed., 11/6: 1:30pm – 4:30pm
- Thur., 11/7: 1:30pm – 4:30pm
Social Media Review by Sarah McGillicuddy, Acentech and Lisa Frisbie, AGC: Everything you need to know about Social Media but were afraid to ask! With more than 30 years of combined experience, Sarah and Lisa will offer up some of the best practices to help make you or your firm stand out and get noticed. Whether you’re just starting out or are looking for some advanced consulting, they can cover it all. Sarah, Acentech’s Director of Marketing and Business Development, has 15 years of professional experience dedicated to the A/E/C industry. Lisa, AGC’s Director of Marketing & Communications, holds a Master’s Degree from Boston University in International Marketing and has more than 15 years’ experience in digital communications.
- Wed., 11/6: 11:00am – 1:00pm; 2:00pm – 5:00pm
- Thur., 11/7: 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Marketing Check-Ups with a CPSM: Have you ever wondered how your firm’s proposals, website, marketing collateral, etc. stack up to the industry standard? Spend 20 minutes with a Certified Professional Services Marketer for advice on ways to boost your firm’s marketing cache and help you get noticed.
- Wed., 11/6: 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Thur., 11/7: 10:00am – 5:00pm