And now for something completely different…
SMPS Boston is partnering with the BSA Foundation to hold an exciting design competition – for marketers! Enter as an individual or as a team and design a collateral piece to promote the Foundation’s 2018 “Legacy Circle” Fundraising Breakfast. Start sketching some ideas today and then attend the design competition workshop to learn more about the competition and get early feedback on your initial concept. Contestants will then have two weeks to pull together a submission that shows off their graphic design, content-building, and creative layout skills for the chance at incredible recognition opportunities!
Design Competition Workshop: September 26, 2018
Submissions Due: October 10, 2018
Winner Announced: October 19, 2018
Final Designs Due from Winning Team/Individual: November 16, 2018
BSA Foundation 2018 Fundraising Breakfast: December 14, 2018
Register for the Design Competition Workshop and learn more about the BSA Foundation and the Design Competition and have the opportunity to ask questions. Bring your initial design concept(s) to the Workshop and get feedback to make your submission even better.
Please note – this competition is not open to professional graphic design firms.
Your Design Entry
After the Design Competition Workshop, you will have two weeks to submit your finished design concept applied to a marketing piece that will encourage breakfast attendees to become Legacy Circle members. This should be a special “wow” takeaway piece that will be distributed to each person that attends the Fundraising Breakfast and that attendees can take home to remind them of the Foundation and its great work. Let your creativity run wild, but keep in mind this piece will need to be produced for a budget of $0.25/piece.
To kick off your creativity, here’s a look at the previous year’s suite of collateral and special “wow takeaway pieces.”
Submissions from teams or individuals will be reviewed and judged by the BSA Foundation’s Institutional Advancement Committee.
The winning individual or team will then complete their design of the “wow” takeaway piece and receive the following:
- Recognition via a targeted email to Legacy Circle firms and others invited to the Foundation breakfast
- Social media shout-outs from SMPS Boston and the BSA Foundation
- Recognition in BSA Currents, @BSA Space newsletter, and the SMPS Boston eFlyer
- Ticket to the Foundation breakfast
- Recognition at the breakfast
This is an amazing opportunity to get your skills recognized by local A/E/C firm leaders!
The Annual Fundraising Breakfast is one of the most prominent and exclusive events held by the BSA Foundation each year and offers exposure and access to a wide array of AEC firms. The overall goals for the breakfast are to:
- Raise $100,000 through new multi-year giving members (Legacy Circle members)
- Review accomplishments in serving the communities of Greater Boston
- Recognize existing Legacy Circle members and promote their leadership and support
- Network with existing and prospective Legacy Circle members and other Foundation supporters as members of an exclusive, philosophically aligned group
Have a question? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chuck Raymond, CPSM,
Donnegan Systems, Inc.
ARC/ Architectural Resources Cambridge