Favorite Five: SMPS Boston Membership Benefits
A new program year is beginning for SMPS Boston, with exciting events and opportunities around the corner. To help kick things off, I’m reflecting on my favorite five SMPS membership benefits.
- Networking with industry peers. Whether you’re new to the Architecture/Engineering/Construction (AEC) industry, or you just want to expand your professional circle, your fellow members are a great resource for sharing ideas, advice, and opportunities. SMPS Boston offers many ways to get connected, whether it’s chatting with someone at an event, sharing experiences at a mentorship event, or getting involved by joining a committee. You can expand your network even further by interacting with members of other chapters on MySMPS, the award-winning online community designed exclusively for SMPS members.
- Professional development opportunities. SMPS Boston hosts various events and seminars that focus on important skills for an AEC industry marketer. In addition to the the annual Marketing Boot Camp event that provides a crash course in the marketing profession, SMPS Boston offers virtual and in person seminars throughout the year, where industry experts share their insight on various topics.
- Industry job postings. The SMPS Boston job opening page is a great resource for both job seekers and employers. If you’re looking for a new professional opportunity, this page should be your first stop. Unlike most job search websites, the SMPS job board focuses directly on marketing jobs within the AEC industry. If you’re a manager who is looking to bring someone new onboard, you can get your posting in front of people with the exact skillset and experience that you’re looking for.
- Scholarship Opportunities. SMPS Boston offers a range of scholarship opportunities for members at different career levels. These scholarships help cover costs for CPSM and FSMPS examinations as well as multiple multi-day conferences. Applications are available on the SMPS Boston website.
- A subscription to Marketer. Marketer is SMPS’s award-winning bimonthly journal, reporting on current business development and marketing practices, issues, and trends in the design and building industry.
If these benefits sound appealing you, head over to the membership application on the SMPS website. Already a member? Forward this info along to a peer that you think would be interested – maybe you’ll get to connect with them at the next event!