Call for Nominations
This is the official call for nominations to fill Executive Committee roles and Director-at-Large positions on the SMPS Boston Chapter Board of Directors!
SMPS Boston is seeking qualified and energetic people who want to take a leadership role in developing and advancing the Chapter’s education, networking, and business development opportunities for its members. Taking a leadership role in SMPS Boston is a great opportunity to work with current and future Marketing and Business Development leaders in the AEC industry. Serving as a BOD member can help advance your career, bring visibility to your firm, and create valuable and lasting connections with people across the industry.
The following positions are open on the 2015 – 2016 Board of Directors. Each will serve a two-year term from 9/1/15 to 8/31/17, with the exception of the Vice President/President-Elect, who will serve a three-year term from 9/1/15 to 8/31/18.
- Vice President/President-Elect: Chosen for vision and leadership abilities, the President-Elect automatically advances to the position of President, then remains on the Board for a third year as Immediate Past-President. The President-Elect is also a member of the Executive Committee. In addition, the President-Elect shall have all the powers and be subject to the same restrictions as the President. A qualified candidate will have completed a minimum of one year as a board member, and be a current, regular member of SMPS.
- Treasurer: The treasurer is a member of the Executive Committee, and is responsible for safeguarding the chapter funds. This includes managing bank accounts, paying bills, managing the Chapter budget, creating monthly financial reports, and supporting the annual tax filing. Attendance at monthly board meetings is essential and critical. A qualified candidate must be a current, regular member of SMPS.
- Director-at-Large Positions (3-4): In each of these positions, one must be willing to lead in the creation and management of programs, events, and goals of one of the chapter’s standing committees for a two-year term. Attendance at monthly board meetings is essential and critical, as the director acts as a liaison between the board and the committee. Qualified candidates must be a current, regular member of SMPS and would have experience as an active committee member for at least one year. The Nominations Committee, led by the current Vice President/President-Elect, will assign each new Director-at-Large to a committee.We are currently looking to fill Director-at-Large positions for the following committees:
Your nomination should include the following:
- Professional data: Employer, address, telephone, email, job title and primary responsibilities, number of years in marketing, history in the A/E/C industry, and professional accomplishments.
- SMPS participation: Leadership roles and number of years as a member.
- Statement: Include what you will contribute to the board, why you want to serve, your special goals and interests, and your views on current SMPS issues.
- Consent: Letter from a principal/officer of your firm indicating the firm’s support for your participation on the Board of Directors.
Please compile all nomination materials into one PDF file, and email it by 5:00 PM Friday, April 17, 2015 to:
Vice President/President-Elect, SMPS Boston
Chair, Nominations and Elections Committee
Marketing & Communications Specialist, Nitsch Engineering
Individual nominations will be screened and evaluated by the Nominations and Elections Committee according to parameters and procedures established by the Board. A slate of candidates will be selected that the Committee believes represents the best balance for the Board.
If you have any questions or need more details, please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to working with a great Board of Directors in 2015-2016!
photo credit: Delegates to Bull Moose Convention, Syracuse (LOC) via photopin (license)