Do you want to be a member of a world-class, award-winning marketing and communications team that is shaping a better world across the globe? If you are passionate about your profession and are ready to join a global network of marketing professionals, Arup is the right place for you.
About our Boston practice and the Role:
Our Boston group is growing. Arup has been in the Boston area since 1998, providing engineering, consulting, and planning for the built environment, including existing buildings, smart infrastructure, energy planning, and transportation solutions. Our office works on significant local projects like the Green Line Extension and Harvard University Fogg Art Museum and acclaimed international projects like the Marina Bay Sands Resort in Singapore. We are looking for an experienced marketing and business development professional with at least 6 years’ of experience in the AEC industry. Based in Boston, you will work with local, regional, and global leaders to implement winning, client-focused strategies and to develop and deliver high-impact proposals and marketing collateral. This is a hands-on role, requiring the professional to operate at multiple levels.
In this role you will work in a collaborative and energetic environment to support your peers and senior staff, in their ongoing marketing and business development activities. As you help drive quality growth in Boston, you will serve as a critical connection between local, regional, global initiatives, collaborating with the 50-person marketing and communications team in Arup’s Americas region.
The role includes:
• Partnering with Boston leadership to support the market and client strategy
• Supporting the proposal process from project identification through submittal and interview
• Managing and preparing qualification packages, and tailoring proposal responses
• Developing and updating marketing materials, including project sheets, resumes and other collateral
• Engaging in business development activities, including direct client contact and attending AEC industry events, seminars, and conferences
• Maintaining our client relationship management system and other databases
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or a related field
• At least 6 years of experience as a marketing professional in the A/E/C industry
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office, especially InDesign, Acrobat, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to effectively set priorities while juggling multiple deadlines, maintaining composure under pressure
• Experience facilitating and documenting initiative discussions and leading proposal kick-off meetings
• Involvement with local marketing and or A/E/C organization and willingness to attend events on behalf of the firm
• Experience with Microsoft CRM is preferred but not required, as you will be trained on this as part of your core responsibilities
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, architects, consultants and technical specialists, working across every aspect of today’s built environment. Together we help our clients solve their most complex challenges – turning exciting ideas into tangible reality as we strive to find a better way and shape a better world. We do this through a network of 92 offices in 35 countries and the 15,000 professionals we count as colleagues.
Our benefits package is first-rate, with 4 weeks of paid time off, a robust healthcare plan, 401k match of up to 10%, tuition reimbursement, and biannual payout from our global profit share plan. Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. EOE including disability/veteran.
As a firm, we have a strong culture and ethical framework founded on our 73-year history, with a commitment to sustainable and resilient solutions. Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects across our industry. You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment. We have a robust future working in partnership with both our existing and future clients. Will you join us?
Visit Arup online at https://jobs.arup.com/jobs/senior-marketing-specialist-4910