C.E. Floyd Company is a general contractor and construction manager specializing in the independent school, senior living and hospitality sectors. We are more than builders. We listen to our clients to understand their problems and goals, then we work with them to find the best solutions so they can be successful.
We’re looking for a highly motivated business development professional who has a minimum of 5 years of experience in the construction, architecture and engineering industry. This role is a mixture of maintaining current client relationships, while prospecting/developing new business relationships. You must be proficient at developing long-term relationships with current and potential clients including architects, real estate developers/brokers, engineers, building owners and facility managers.
The primary objectives of this position are to gain knowledge of the marketplace and business conditions, and to secure the most strategic accounts and profitable opportunities. This position plays a key role in initiating, developing, and maintaining solid business relationships. To manage these processes, you’ll interface with the business development team, operations, estimating and marketing departments.
An understanding of construction documents and construction contracts is essential. This is your opportunity to represent a growing, quality-oriented construction management and general contracting firm. The base area of this role is MA, RI and NH.
- BS degree in civil engineering, construction management, business or marketing preferred
- Business development experience building relationships and expanding a client base in commercial construction or architecture with an in-depth understanding of construction operations
- Solid understanding of the BD process with the ability to explain that process from identification of opportunities through close of sale
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly assimilate technical concepts and information
- Working knowledge using Cosential CRM, Adobe InDesign – proposal writing
- Write and edit proposal components as needed and generate proposal elements and strategies
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Visit C.E. Floyd Company, Inc. online at http://www.cefloyd.com