CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Responsibilities – CDM Smith’s marketing and communications specialist shares the stories of our Infrastructure Services Group every day. Some stories are for clients; some stories are for employees. Regardless of the audience, working with technical experts and information excites you. Asking questions and seeking clarity doesn’t intimidate you. You’re comfortable taking an idea, connecting with the right experts, and creating a communications piece that engages the reader. Your confidence shines when you’re working with senior leaders which will happen every day.
What will your work week look like?
– You’ll partner with technical experts to develop market strategies, presentations, marketing materials, and thought leadership articles
– You love to showcase your researching, interviewing, writing, and editing skills to publish engaging content that attracts readers
– You’re comfortable around technical content and not afraid to ask questions, seek clarity, and translate that information into audience-specific communications materials
– You’ll connect with employees around the globe to share their stories or projects
– You are as comfortable in PowerPoint as InDesign – and when new tools are available, you seek learning opportunities to build your skills; technology doesn’t frighten you
– You recognize the importance of keeping materials up to date to share information across a global organization
– You value your team members and seek opportunities to help others succeed
We can’t wait for your communications impact to share our stories! We’ll consider partial remote schedules for this position.
Job Requirements – Minimum Qualifications :
– Bachelor’s degree.
– 2 years of related experience.
– Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Preferred Qualifications :
– B.A. in marketing, communications, journalism, English or similar field
– Engineering or professional services industry experience preferred
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– A strong command of Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint is required; experience with SharePoint and audio/video software is desirable
– The ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
– The ability to work under rigid time constraints with a narrow margin for errors or delays
– Confident working in a virtual team atmosphere
– Internal candidates may be in any US-based CDM Smith office
– External candidates are preferred in Boston, MA or Austin, TX
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the link below:
Visit CDM Smith online at https://cdmsmith.com/en/