Strategic Communication Specialist
Job Location US-MA-Cambridge
Posted Date1 month ago(3/6/2018 9:16 AM)
Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,700 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
Reporting to the manager of corporate communications, who oversees the rhetoric team, the SC Specialist is responsible for designing, implementing and reporting on communication activities for internal and external publics intended to help Draper achieve its business goals. These activities range from one-off projects to coordinated campaigns using multiple communication channels. This individual works with engineers and scientists, program managers and business development staff to extract effective marketable messages from complex technical information and to present those in clear, persuasive copy. In collaboration with the other functions of the Strategic Communication team, this position generates effective marketing materials.
- Research and write compelling and understandable copy from complex technical information for Draper’s public website; for displays and exhibits for conferences and events both internal and external; and for a variety of other company marketing and promotional materials to achieve business goals
- Aid internal Draper clients in communicating effectively with their target publics, both internal and external, to prompt desired action
- Collect input from internal customers, brainstorm with them, and ideate through discovery sessions and strategic consultation to elicit information needed to articulate a customer’s value propositions in marketing and proposal materials
- Assist in developing win themes and standardized proposal language
- Identify opportunities for creation of visual support for proposals and other communication products
- Help maintain Draper’s corporate image by ensuring alignment of communications with Draper’s brand identity, business goals and strategic communication objectives
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Motivated self-starter able to work independently and with teams
• Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
• Ability to think strategically and develop/weigh messaging against a bigger picture
• Strong organizational, project-management, time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• 3-5 years of relevant experience in marketing, advertising or communications
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or advertising (or other relevant fields)
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Agency experience preferred
Connect With Draper for Future Opportunities!
If you don’t find the right posting in our Career Opportunities, you may submit your resume for future consideration.
Visit Draper online at http://www.draper.com