Master’s degree or its equivalent through specialized course work and education. At least twelve years of experience in marketing, preferably within a banking environment which includes management and leadership experience. Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, business development strategies and product and service management. Outstanding analytical skills. Deep understanding of changing market dynamics. Well-developed planning, organization, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills. Effective writing and creative skills.
Under the guidance of the President & CEO, executes all marketing, advertising, branding, communications, business development and public relations strategies in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. Responsible for the design, implementation, and analytics of all bank-wide marketing programs developing department strategies in accordance with established policies and procedures to achieve the strategic goals of the Bank.
1. Provides strategic leadership in marketing, advertising, branding, communications, business development and public relations functions. Analyzes market conditions and opportunities and identifies target audiences. Utilizing data analytics, plans, develops, and executes the organization’s marketing and business development initiatives.
2. Provides strategic direction to the sales teams – lending, retail, and financial services. Directs the development of business development plans to support Bank-wide goals and strategies and to obtain market share.
3. Prepares marketing budget and allocates resources during the year to meet these goals. Coordinates activities with retail, operations and lending divisions to ensure that strategic initiatives are supported and measured.
4. Responsible for generating revenue and meeting established financial goals by increasing sales through successful marketing strategies for the organization utilizing market research, pricing, product marketing, marketing communications, advertising and public relations.
5. Develops and executes overall strategy for the Bank’s website, ensuring site efficiency and effectiveness for both existing and potential customers. Performs periodic analysis and directs necessary adjustments to meet overall strategic goals.
6. Responsible for research and feasibility studies relative to branch network expansion. Identify potential sites assessing market potential and recommending expansion, when feasible.
7. Develops and refines the organizational structure of the marketing division. Manages department workflow, ensuring there is adequate talent and resources to meet project deadlines. Conducts performance reviews and provides for ongoing development of staff through support, guidance, and cross-training.
8. Ensures effectiveness of Bank-wide communication through all channels – advertising, marketing materials, and customer correspondence. Communicates marketing plans and strategies to all internal stakeholders and ensures the organization’s message is appropriately distributed to targeted audiences in order to meet sales objectives.
9. Manages the relationship with the Bank’s advertising agency. Oversees the process of developing new creative brand strategy, and media placement to ensure relevancy in relation to the Bank’s communities and product lines. Performs and presents analysis of related effectiveness.
10. Oversees the development and purchase of promotional materials, coordinating Bank needs, internal resources, and external vendors.
11. Participates in the design of new products and services. Utilizes division resources to conduct research and analysis of internal and external factors, trends, and conditions. Presents findings and recommendations to all business lines.
12. Oversees Bank involvement and participation in the community, including promotional events, press releases, and various communications.
13. Monitors developments in legal, regulatory and competitive areas, while maintaining a focus on business development opportunities within the Bank’s communities. Maintains knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) regulatory requirements. Ensures that the department comprehends concepts and completes training requirements. Identifies and reports compliance related issues and suspicious activity.
14. Performs department audits to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures, Maintains documentation of compliance with applicable laws and regulations in preparation for external audits and regulatory exams.
Visit East Cambridge Savings Bank online at http://www.ecsb.com