Finegold Alexander Architects, an award-winning architecture firm in Boston, is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Marketing Manager position. The firm’s practice serves higher education, cultural, institutional, public, and private development clients on a broad range of project types with design for new construction, renovations, preservation, and adaptive use.
Finegold Alexander prides itself on offering a collegial environment that emphasizes equity, diversity, and inclusion and supports professional development. With a team-based collaborative approach to all aspects of the firm’s work, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive, proactive attitude.
The Marketing Manager leads and manages a comprehensive marketing program including marketing planning and tracking, communications, and new business pursuits associated with Requests for Qualifications and Proposals and (RFQ/Ps) and interviews with the primary goal of winning new work for the firm and promoting and extending the firm’s brand. The candidate will lead, oversee, and manage their own work and the work of two Marketing Coordinators and will also work very closely with FA’s Principals and Associates in a collaborative team-based process.
The role requires a person with demonstrated experience in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment and the ability to work under pressure on multiple concurrent projects. The ability to respond and adapt to changing demands and priorities is essential.
Main responsibilities include the following:
· Develop, track, and maintain marketing plans and the marketing/business development budget.
· Lead bi-weekly marketing meetings with Principals and Associates and provide updates on alternating weeks for the management meeting.
Develop, oversee and direct the maintenance of annual conference, event, award program, membership and sponsorship opportunities.
· Direct and oversee the Marketing Coordinators in the management of information and the maintenance of marketing materials such as resumes, project sheets, and basic proposal content including project lists, fee and rates, schedules, and other commonly requested boilerplate content.
· Manage the photography portfolio and assist in the coordination of project photoshoots with Principals and Director of Design, coordinate photo shoot sharing with sub-consultant firms.
· Oversee and participate in the use of the Deltek Vision CRM in close coordination with the Marketing Coordinators and Principals.
· Analyze marketing metrics and generate reports for review and strategizing with FA Principals for annual planning and quarterly check-ins.
New Business Pursuits
· Kick-off and participate in pursuit strategy planning with Principals and Associates.
· Lead RFP/RFQ proposal responses and qualifications packages, interview presentations
· Oversee and participate in the production of proposals, qualifications, and interview slide decks in InDesign and PowerPoint and participate in rehearsals.
· Attend monthly BD Roundtable meetings and market sector meetings with the marketing coordinator, ensure notes are saved to the file, and new contacts are entered into Deltek as needed.
Lead and oversee the planning for trade shows and conferences, presentations, displays, and registrations in collaboration with the Marketing Coordinators.
· Lead and oversee the development of conference proposals and associated presentations with support from Marketing Coordinators.
· Primary liaison and coordinator with FA’s Communications consultant for press releases, and all other media opportunities.
· Oversee the production of collateral for awards, publications, advertisements, emailers, displays, and other marketing materials as needed with the Marketing Coordinators.
· Oversee FA’s website content and social media sites in close coordination with the Marketing Coordinators and FA Principals.
The position requires 5 years of prior experience as a Marketing Manager in Architecture or a similar field. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in journalism, English, marketing & communications, or public relations is strongly preferred.
Additional position requirements:
· Excellent organizational, tracking, and communication skills
· Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
· Strong graphic design sensibility
· Self-motivated, flexible, adaptable
· Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
Candidates must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Especially InDesign + Photoshop, Illustrator), MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Deltek Vision. Familiarity with the website CMS Webflow and communication platform MyEmma is a plus.
If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, writing, and work samples to Regan Shields Ives email@example.com.
Visit Finegold Alexander Architects online at http://www.faainc.com