Gensler Boston is seeking a creative, motivated and highly collaborative individual to join our office as Marketing Manager.
A Marketing Manager leads marketing initiatives and teams, and is a key source of knowledge and leadership for business development and communications opportunities. The Marketing Manager will lead a team working together to produce materials in support Gensler’s business development efforts, including writing and designing proposals, presentations, and other marketing collateral. The Marketing Manager will lead the department logistics, including knowledge management, business development reporting, and CRM efforts for the office. The Marketing Manager communicates the marketing department’s efforts to office and regional leadership and ensures both project data and client relationship information is tracked and reported appropriately, while overseeing the QA/QC system for marketing collateral. The Marketing Manager will work closely with the Boston PR Manager on local communications and PR efforts.
Marketing at Gensler is a communications-based discipline that requires a passion for storytelling and impeccable organization and project management, as well as poise under deadline pressure. Each week the team creates a volume of qualifications and proposals, presentations, and other deliverables, across multiple platforms to drive engagement with target audiences and decision makers. The position requires an excellent communicator with Adobe InDesign and writing skills. All Gensler communicators are creative marketers, committed to internal client service. The ideal candidate will bring a superior strategic outlook and “make it happen” leadership skills.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Ability to coach, lead, and manage people
Forward-thinking, strategic partner to our senior leadership
Graceful under pressure
Attentive to detail
Marketing Managers are responsible for project-level success of office marketing efforts, including:
– Clear and constant communication with Business Development (BD) leaders, weekly BD meeting/reporting with senior staff
– Knows firm portfolio in detail, understands practice area capabilities, actively seeks out firm’s best practices for use in office efforts
– Conducts internal and external research on new opportunities, prospective clients and practice areas
– Leads strategy/kickoff meetings with BD champions
– Creates pitch strategy/budget with BD champion including research, network mapping, tasks/milestones, reviews
– Researches targets, internal relationships, company history, market position
– Delivers on a win strategy throughout the business development process, and manages marketing initiatives through close out
– Concept/write/design new material and collateral as needed
– Acts as point person for Firmwide communications-related projects
– Seeks out and implements process and content improvements; coaches peers on new ideas
– Maintains consistency of marketing deliverables, alignment with firm brand program, participates in design reviews with FW marketing team. Helps others learn Gensler brand standards.
– Maintains resources & information systems: ordering materials, updating project documentation, resumes, image libraries, etc.
– With the Regional Communications Director, oversees and directs local photography
– 7+ years of professional experience in a marketing role, preferably for an architecture, design, engineering, construction, or industry-related firm
– Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing
– Strong graphic design sensibility and written/verbal communication skills
– Experience managing significant marketing projects independently, working closely with senior staff on marketing programs, and managing small employee teams
– Experience strategically partnering and supporting senior staff on business-critical projects.
– Self-motivator with strong organizational and intra-personal skills; a great collaborator.
– Fluent in InDesign and Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Photoshop, other Adobe Creative Suite software, and/or Salesforce is a plus.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our teams’ diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Visit Gensler online at http://www.gensler.com