JM Coull is an award-winning construction management, design-build, and general contracting firm specializing in new construction and renovation projects in the life sciences, education, healthcare, commercial, advanced technology, and institutional industries.
At JM Coull, our proposal writer/manager is a vital part of helping our company achieve long-term growth by representing JMC to prospects, clients, and influencers as part of the company’s “get work” function. The ideal candidate will be a creative, energetic, team-oriented self-starter, as well as a strong communicator who is focused on building our brand within our core markets.
- 3-5 years’ proven experience and track record in a proposal writer/management role within the architecture, engineering, or construction (A/E/C) industries is required.
- 4-year college degree in marketing, communications, business, or English.
- Exceptional writing skills; must be very comfortable utilizing InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Manage the entire proposal process in response to client Requests for Proposals (RFPs), from RFP review and analysis to final submission.
- Must be able to write, edit, and proof proposal content, including project profiles, resumes, and corporate boilerplate information.
- Support the operations and business development teams to create proposals for prospective clients and develop/edit other content as needed.
- Effectively collaborate with preconstruction, operations, and other departments to gather pertinent information to complete proposals.
- Ensure that proposals maintain a consistent format in keeping with company branding.
- Track and manage multiple proposals while working under tight deadlines.
- Must be highly motivated, well organized, deadline-driven, and able to multi-task.
- Capable of learning our business offerings and how the (mostly) private sector A/E/C industry works in order to effectively structure proposal packages.
- Confident in your ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing.
- Able to learn and utilize our customer relationship database and email blast software (currently Insightly and MailChimp) to market/brand the company.
- Ability to assist with other marketing tasks such as email marketing campaigns as needed.
*Pay is commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Part-time
Visit JM Coull online at https://www.jmcoull.com/