Kleinfelder is seeking a creative and energetic professional services marketer to help lead our business development efforts within the East Division Water Market. As a Marketing Pursuit Leader you will be key in supporting Kleinfelder’s continued growth and strategic business development. You will be supporting business development activities that include, but are not limited to, pursuit and capture planning, Request for Proposal analysis, proposal management and development, approach strategies, go/no-go decisions, short list presentations, and creation of graphics. Our ideal candidate is a problem solver, plays nice with others, has a “can do” attitude, and has a great sense of humor. We offer a fun, flexible, and engaging environment and want you to come grow with us.
The preferred location for this position is Boston or Westborough, MA, but surrounding NE office locations will be considered.
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia.
We foster an environment that is open, collaborative and rewarding for our employees. We strongly believe that our employees are the key driving force behind our success.
ABILITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Excellent grasp of marketing fundamentals, visual communications, and knowledge of theoretical and practical developments in the A/E/C industry. (Experience in Water market is desirable.)
- The ability to develop win themes and integrate them throughout a proposal.
Strong grammar, writing, and editing skills.
- Strong eye for graphic design with the creative ability to design appropriate and relevant graphics.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple assignments under set deadlines.
- Possesses a demonstrated ability to provide critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Can work independently, collaboratively as part of a team, and in conjunction with senior management/executive staff.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities, deadlines, and direction in a dynamic work environment.
- Possesses a “client service” mindset and works in close partnership with technical professionals (scientists, architects, and engineers).
- Manage, plan, and coordinate a variety of marketing activities to support Business Development activities involved in the preparation and writing of marketing proposals, client interviews and presentations, and other client-focused submittals in accordance with Kleinfelder’s brand standards and style guide.
- Participate in go/no-go decisions and base input on a systematic review of relevant facts and information.
- Drive the proposal management and development process of diverse teams towards client-established deadlines and in compliance with client-set expectations.
- Display creativity in applying graphics (such as photos, graphs, charts, tec.) to improve communication in written documents. Partner and give direction to the design team as needed.
- Create and modify existing materials and write content to effectively communicate services, capabilities, and market messages.
- Create, gather, research, and organize information from many sources to generate business development documents and presentations. Must synthesize disparate data from multiple sources into coherent documents.
- Maintain marketing information systems. Assist in keeping resumes, project descriptions, and boilerplate information up-to-date.
- Assist in developing proposal strategies that utilize Company’s strengths and innovative thinking to gain a competitive advantage.
POSITION COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite (Strong InDesign skills required)
- Able to communicate effectively with a variety of people
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Experience with CRM is highly desirable; Deltek preferred
EXPERIENCE & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (Business, Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Engineering and Science, or related field preferred).
- Experience: 6-7 years of related experience with 3-4 years of professional marketing and/or sales experience in consulting engineering firm or related service business.
REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
- Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
- Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
- Hours Per Week: 40+
- TRAVEL: 0 – 20%
- OVERTIME: N/A
Visit Kleinfelder online at https://www.kleinfelder.com/