OMR Architects is an established architectural design firm located in West Acton, MA, specializing in holistic, integrated and sustainable design for educational, community, religious and residential projects. We work in a casual and focused environment with about 25 professionals on staff. We are committed to letting each person develop their own strengths and grow into their unique professional potential.
We are seeking an organized, creative and self-motivated Graphic Designer/ Proposal Coordinator to join our Marketing and Business Development team.
Primary responsibility will be to collaborate with and assist the Marketing Manager, as part of the Marketing and Business Development team, to:
- Work with the firm leaders and architectural staff to create and select graphics, develop visual and written content and compose effective, client-focused storytelling, and produce winning proposals and interview presentations
- Support all phases of the marketing proposal process including planning, developing, formatting, proofing, printing, assembling, binding, packaging and distributing final responses
- Develop and update graphic materials for advertising, award submissions, brochures and marketing collateral, and special events and conferences
- Maintain and update the firm’s social media and website content
- Organize and maintain the firm’s physical and digital archives while developing an understanding of our portfolio of work and firm competencies
- Organize professional photo shoots, including preparation prior to, assistance during, and administering follow-up work (and if possible taking supplemental photos during professional shoots)
Essential Skills/ Experience:
- Proficient in every aspect of the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite (PC platform), especially PowerPoint, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Proficient in website and social media content development and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills are highly advantageous
- Skilled in visual communication and graphic layout of ideas while maintaining consistent, internal style standards
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple concurrent proposal assignments
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Well-organized, creative, efficient, pro-active, detail and deadline oriented, meticulous, and flexible
- Strong architectural photographic skills to assist at photo shoots are advantageous, but not necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Architecture, Media, Marketing or a related field is preferred, while some background in English, Journalism or Communications would be useful to the position
- Minimum 2 years professional experience is preferred
This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package. If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, two writing samples and two graphic samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Visit OMR Architects online at http://www.omr-architects.com/