Sasaki is a 300-person world-class planning and design firm with a dynamic start-up culture and a reputation and body of work that spans sixty-five years. Sasaki is currently designing a new headquarters for 250+ Boston-area employees at 110 Chauncy Street, Boston, MA, and this new communications manager would be expected to be in the office at least a couple days a week when the office opens in Q1 2022.
Sasaki rebranded in 2016, overhauled its digital presence in 2020, and the communications team continues to reinforce and expand upon Sasaki’s dynamic brand to achieve greater presence in markets around the world. We seek an experienced Communications Manager to join our award-winning Marketing and Communications team, reporting to Sasaki’s Director of Communications. The Communications Manager would be responsible for leading the creation and dissemination of thought leadership content, collaboratively-produced by our tight-knit team of communications professionals. As the content marketing landscape shifts increasingly to digital experience and video storytelling, a key dimension of this role will be to co-create a digital strategy with input from the Communications Director and the Chair of External Relations.
Core competencies include talent and passion for writing and editing; superior project management and team management skills; a command of current digital marketing and social media best practices; and a fluid working style that integrates a mix of self-directed project work, day-to-day team management and delegation, and close collaboration with a diversity of professionals. Public relations and/or design industry experience a plus. Video editing and production experience also a valued differentiator.
The successful candidate will lead development of compelling narratives in the form of: long-form articles, blog posts, social media campaigns, targeted emailers, videos, brochures and more—balancing the moving parts of several projects at once. The ideal candidate demonstrates excellent critical thinking, communication, and people skills; a “can-do” and team-oriented attitude; robust organization and timeline management capabilities; and a dual-commitment to developing people as well as “managing up” to leadership.
• Develop and execute on digital communications strategy, optimizing web and social media presence (across LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
• Oversee and report on analytics of website, social media, newsletters, and emailer engagement
• Support editorial calendar development and communications initiative planning alongside Director of Communications and leadership
• Manage a small team of communications professionals
• Develop long- and short-form written content in support of firm’s internal and external audiences
• Edit content provided by design professionals and marketers
• Project manage multimedia projects for media like film, animation, and podcasts
• Oversee internal and external e-mail newsletters and targeted email campaigns
• Support management of website content and other project-related information
• Coordinate logistics for select events (exhibition openings, Sasaki cultural celebrations, etc.)
• Strength in writing and editing
• Expertise in digital marketing and facility with web and social media analytics
• Exceptional organization, communication, and time management skills
• Professional experience with social media and digital marketing platforms
• Ability to shepherd projects through relevant stakeholders and collaborate with marketing team members and practitioners at all levels of the firm
• Capacity to flex both strategically and tactically, to support communications strategy and task execution in support of Sasaki’s goals
• Strong people skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Art History, Radio/TV/Film, or related field
• 4-7 years of experience in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Consulting, or PR
• Experience managing others
• Proficiency with photo, video, and audio editing software
• Proficiency in Adobe Suite
• Data analytics skillset (especially for analysis of social media and website data)
• Architecture/Engineering/Construction (AEC) Industry experience
To Apply: Submit your resume and a cover letter outlining why you are a good fit for our team through Sasaki’s career page. Graphic/photo/video portfolios welcome. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed. As part of this evaluation process you may be asked to submit writing samples and complete a writing exercise.
Visit Sasaki online at http://www.sasaki.com