Sasaki Marketing Manager
For Civic & Commercial Market Sectors
Sasaki is a 300-person design firm internationally-recognized for excellence in architecture, landscape architecture, planning and urban design. Through our interdisciplinary design practice, we positively impact the ways people value and interact with their environments. Our award-winning Marketing department plays a critical role in Sasaki’s success, supporting the firm’s business development, project pursuit, and communications activities.
Sasaki is seeking a Marketing Manager for our Civic and Commercial market sectors. The Marketing Manager is a high-profile role within our firm, and works closely a broad range of internal collaborators to pursue and win new work across our practice areas and around the world.
As a manager of Sasaki’s project pursuits and business development activities for Civic and Commercial sectors, you will play a pivotal role in the conceptualization and execution of high-quality marketing materials, processes, and strategy. You will serve as the primary internal point-person for new business opportunities, marketing pursuits, and conferences for your sectors working closely with the Director of Marketing.
In collaboration with Sasaki’s Campus Marketing Manager, you will co-lead a team of up to six Marketing Coordinators—who are responsible for producing proposals, qualifications documents, and other marketing materials—to distribute the workload so that deadlines are met and work is completed at a high level of quality. You will support the growth of the Marketing Coordinator team, which involves providing oversight, training, and coaching. You will also directly contribute to the production of proposals and other documents.
You will take on a key role in helping design teams prepare for client interviews—including strategy, materials, and preparation. You will facilitate and contribute to strategy discussions with principals and senior staff on business development efforts tracked in our CRM system, and lead research initiatives on potential clients, markets, and competitors, with the support of your team. You may also take part in other strategic marketing efforts or promotional opportunities, including but not limited to event planning, content marketing, communications-related activities, and representing the firm at events and conferences.
● At least five years of professional services marketing experience, preferably within the AEC industry
● Demonstrated expertise in communicating strengths of a company and a portfolio of work, especially through the RFP/RFQ process
● Ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
● Experience and comfort working successfully across all levels, from senior firm leaders to junior staff
● Expertise working with Adobe InDesign as well as copy editing and reviewing documents for adherence to brand standards
● Background and interest in coaching, mentorship, and development of individual contributors at various experience levels
● Strong operational skills and a proactive approach to process improvement
● Previous experience shaping and implementing processes to support functional initiatives and business goals
● Curiosity, proactivity, and a customer-centric mindset
● Strong attention to detail while also being able to see the big picture
● Interest in design and its ability to positively impact the world
Visit Sasaki online at http://www.sasaki.com