Sasaki is a 300-person world-class planning and design firm with a dynamic start- up culture and a reputation and body of work that spans sixty-five years. Sasaki rebranded in 2016 and the communications team continues to reinforce and expand upon Sasaki’s dynamic brand to achieve greater presence in markets around the world. We seek an experienced Communications Manager to join our award-winning Marketing team, reporting to Sasaki’s Director of Communications. The Communications Manager would be responsible for leading the creation and dissemination of thought leadership content, collaboratively-produced by our tight- knit team of communications professionals.
Core competencies include talent and passion for writing and editing; superior project management and team management skills; a grasp of current digital marketing and social media best practices; and a fluid working style that integrates a mix of self-directed project work, day-to-day team management and delegation, and close collaboration with a diversity of professionals. Public relations and/or design industry experience a plus.
The successful candidate will lead development of compelling narratives in the form of: long-form articles, blog posts, social media campaigns, targeted emailers, videos, brochures and more—balancing the moving parts of several projects at once. The ideal candidate demonstrates superior critical thinking, communication, and people skills; a “can-do” and team-oriented attitude; excellent organization and timeline management capabilities; and a dual-commitment to developing people as well as “managing up” to leadership.
- Oversee the internal editorial calendar and publication editorial calendars
- Support editorial calendar development and communications initiative planning alongside Communications Director and leadership
- Manage a small team of communications professionals
- Develop long- and short-form written content in support of firm’s internal and external audiences
- Edit content provided by design professionals and marketers
- Monitor and help guide Sasaki’s social media presence across LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Project manage multimedia projects for mediums like film, animation, and products
- Oversee internal and external e-mail newsletters and targeted email campaigns
- Support management of website content and other project-related information
- Coordinate logistics for select events (exhibition openings, Sasaki cultural celebrations, etc.)
- Oversee analytics of website, social media, newsletters, and emailer engagement
- Strength in writing and editing
- Exceptional organization, communication, and time management skills
- Professional experience with social media and digital marketing platforms
- Ability to shepherd projects through relevant stakeholders and collaborate with marketing team members and practitioners at all levels of the firm
- Capacity to flex both strategically and tactically, to support communications strategy and task execution in support of Sasaki’s goals
- Strong people skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Art History, or related field
- 4-7 years of experience in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Consulting, or PR
- Experience managing others
- Proficiency with photo, video, and audio editing software
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite
- Architecture/Engineering/Construction (AEC) Industry experience
To Apply: Submit your resume and a cover letter outlining why you are a good fit for our team. Graphic/photo portfolios welcome. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed. As part of this evaluation process you may be asked to submit writing samples and complete a writing exercise.
Apply at: https://sasaki.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
Visit Sasaki online at http://www.sasaki.com