Seeking Marketing Professional
SMMA is seeking a creative Marketing professional to join a talented team of storytellers, designers, writers, and thinkers. Those interested in design, human experiences, and the built environment looking for a great opportunity to grow intellectually and creatively should consider applying. You will be encouraged to provide ideas that will advance the firm’s mission and your own professional career.
About the Role
This position requires a strategic thinker who will play a key role in facilitating inbound and outbound communications working closely with architects, engineers, and design professionals and collaborating alongside a team of writers and graphic designers. The successful candidate will help build a consistent and positive brand image assisting with client engagement, market research, and supporting additional special projects as needed.
Other key aspects of this position include:
• Developing client focused messaging and engagement strategies facilitating the creation of compelling firm qualifications, proposals and presentation materials in support of SMMA’s business initiatives.
• Work closely with marketing team to help create new copy and content in support of the firm’s communications strategy.
• While not required, experience with digital marketing including coordinating lead generation methods through website automation, digital campaigns, SEO, and social media engagement is of added value.
Successful Characteristics and Behaviors
• Passionate, energetic, dedicated
• Ability to work independently and proactively
• Creative-minded and organized
• Enjoys engaging people and connecting
• Strong communication skills, timely and accurate information-sharing.
A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, English, and/or public relations is strongly preferred. Two to four years of experience are required, ideally in an A/E/C marketing or communications role, or similar marketing experience. Additionally, the candidate will demonstrate:
• Strong writing voice and passion for storytelling including copy editing, and proofreading skills.
• Experience developing qualification and proposal submissions.
• Ability to work in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment while responding to changing priorities.
• Basic understanding of digital marketing such as, SEO, Google Analytics, and some knowledge of CRM.
Please apply with a cover letter, resume, and writing/work samples.
About the Firm
SMMA remains one of the area’s most unique design firms due to its composition, reputation, and focus. Cambridge based since incorporation in 1955, the Firm focuses on creating lasting relationships with strategic partners in both the public and private markets.
The firm was founded by MIT Alumni who believed that the balance of architecture, engineering, interiors, and site design afforded clients the agility of a single source of creative and technical expertise. Today, SMMA continues its dedication to a flexible integrated approach while guided by a shared pursuit of design excellence and social responsibility.
SMMA is organized into five Studios of market focus including Corporate and Commercial, Government, Higher Education, K-12, and Science & Technology. At SMMA, studios represent specialized communities of practice working together to foster knowledge flow around common interests. Together, the firm’s studios form a larger design ecosystem, sharing best practices and nurturing professional growth and project excellence.
Please note: SMMA does not offer H-1B visa sponsorship for this position.
Visit SMMA online at https://www.smma.com/