- Reporting to the Head of VNA Communications, the Director of Communications, Municipal & Commercial will lead the communications operations for the Municipal and Commercial side of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations or a related discipline.
- 15+ years broad communications expertise, including extensiveissues/crisis management, operational communications, and media relations experience ideally in an energy/environmental field. Spokesperson experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Strong writing, messaging, editing, verbal communication, listening and interpersonal skills; working knowledge of digital and social media.
- Skilled at working in a fast-paced environment, with tact, persuasion and tenacity, while maintaining a collaborative, team-oriented approach.
- Strong-influencing and organizational skills, with a bias for action. Ability to prioritize multiple competing demands.
- Build and maintain relationships with national, local, and trade reporters. Ability to pitch engaging stories as well as our subject matter experts externally to help strengthen our brand.
- Willingness to contribute and assist beyond day-to-day communications responsibilities, including late hours and some weekends as crisis situations arise.
- Flexibility, sense of humor, and ability to not only set the strategy, but also roll up your sleeves and execute.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, in partnership with the Vice President, best-in-class communications strategy for the Municipal and Commercial side of the business.
- Work closely with Senior Leaders in the organization as well as members of the sales, marketing and market development teams to ensure coordination and integration of strategic communications.
- Manage crisis communications and partner with key business partners to develop communications strategies and messages for key issues that impact the company. Serve as the company spokesperson when necessary.
- Enhance credibility and brand awareness for Veolia. Develop branding and messaging communications campaigns to shape broader public conversations around building a circular economy.
- Build effective relationships within the business and with key customers to improve the communication and identification of key priorities while managing expectations and delivering solutions that drive business growth.
- Manage several vendor relationships as well as budgetary responsibilities for the M&C communications business.
- Other communications related duties as assigned.
Visit Veolia North America online at https://www.veolianorthamerica.com/en